Sunday, February 13, 2011

2011 is a good year to start cooking!

I have to admit, I love eating but I was never into cooking before. Kim and I would usually go to a restaurant or a fast food chain when we need to eat. But, when we found out that we are expecting, we decided to start eating healthy... and what better way to do this but by cooking our meals ourselves?

When I first tried my luck in cooking, I started out with unbelievably simple meals. I really had no idea about what I was doing - I destroyed even simple fried meals! But, with a bit of reading and loads of practice, I eventually learned my way through the kitchen. From cooking fried chicken and sunny side up eggs, I gradually upgraded to more complicated dishes. I remember serving my first Chicken Tinola dish to Kim, I remember waiting for her reaction as she took a sip, and I remember her proudly smiling and saying, "Ang sarap!" To make sure she wasn't bluffing, I served the same dish to her family who finished the whole thing before I could get another serving! With my first attempt a success, I decided to learn more recipes.

You will be reading a lot about all the recipes (borrowed and invented) that I try in this blog. I will also be writing about our favorite restaurants and my attempts to imitate their recipes. When our little angel comes out, I will also include recipes that are baby-friendly. So, keep coming back for updates!

No comments: